- NOAA Releases Draft Programmatic Environmental Assessment for White Shark Viewing at Farallons
- Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Challenging California Shark Fin Law Shark Stewards Joins Allies Applauding the Decision.
- It is Spring, is that Love in the Air?
- Shark Fin Distributors drop Lawsuit Against State Following Arrest of Merchant for Possession of 2 tons of shark fins
- Take Action for California and Australian Sharks
Tag Archives: Shark fins
Almost 100 million sharks are being killed each year, with fishing rates outstripping the ability of populations to recover, scientists have estimated. Sharks need better protection to prevent possible extinction of many species within coming decades, the researchers warned ahead … Continue reading
In May and June of 2011 I accompanied the 2011 California Academy of Sciences Philippines Biodiversity Expedition as videographer and scientist, exploring, explaining and protecting the natural world. In over 1000 dives our team observed only two sharks. These whitetip … Continue reading
KQED Forum Show on the State Shark Fin Ban flashvars="file=http://www.kqed.org/radio/archives/R201102160900.xml"></embed></object> A State shark fin ban is about sustainability. Supply cannot meet the demand. The California shark fin market is contributing to a world decimation of sharks. Sharks are important to … Continue reading